Carolina Spring Madness!
April 12, 2007
Open to Mastercraft Boat Owners, their friends and family, the Carolina Spring Madness is the must attend owner’s event of the year! Located on the beautiful shores of Lake Wiley at the Paramount Carowinds bordering North Carolina and South Carolina, this highly anticipated event is being organized and hosted by MasterCraft boat owners, for MasterCraft boat owners.
From May 10th – 13th, attendees may come and go as they please, stay where they want and choose where they want to eat. A few families will want to attend Carowinds Amusement Park which is open on weekends that time of year. We realize this is Mothers Day weekend and those who need to leave early for that reason can do so. A lot of owners will be departing late Sat. and Sunday anyway.
The following activities and services have been planned:
- Mike McKenzie’s (MasterCraft of Charlotte) pier will be the gathering point each day.
- ALL watersports activities can be a free for all, you do what you want.
- Mike is providing a catered lunch on Saturday the 12th. 11:00am to 3:00pm (RO's Bar-B-Q).
- Mike has booked the band "Cherry Bomb" for Saturday 8:00pm to 11:00PM, with Snacks, Soft drinks and water for the attendees. Alcoholic beverages are BYOB!!!!!!!
- Commerative T-shirts are being worked on by Team Talk members Skidog and JohnE. Contact JohnE through Team Talk with the number of T-shirts you want so they can plan on the amount to order!
- Mike is planning on a raft-up session and a helicopter picture flyover.
- Mike will have a slalom course available for skiers to use.
- MC Team Skiers including Maeghan Major, Zane Schwenk, are attending on behalf of MaterCraft
- April Coble Eller and husband Chris will be holding a Women’s (only) Clinic on Friday the 11th, covering everything imaginable, from boat launching/loading to skiing, boarding and boat driving.
- Chris Eller and Dana Reed (World Record Drivers) will also be holding Driving and Perfect Pass Clinics on Friday the 11th for everyone.
- MasterCraft’s Northeast Regional Sales Rep, Norm Kraus and his family will be in attendance.
- Public launch ramps are available at the Copperhead Island Campgrounds/Park and Buster Boyds, within 7 miles of motels.
- Bring your boat, but if you can't, there will be plenty of boats there to ski behind and ride in-
- Motels @ Paramount Carowinds
- Camping at Copperhead Island Park
- Bed & Breakfasts are available.
- Carowinds Blvd intersects I-77, Exit 90, South Of Charlotte, NC near the NC/SC border. Use Google Earth and www.local.live.com to locate maps, Insert "Paramounts Carowinds".
- LAKE MAPS: Go to www.dukepower.com/lakes left side column click "Facts and Maps", left side column, click "Lake Wiley" and copy access areas (4 pages), right side column, click on "Download Map" and copy entire lake map (2 pages).
- Mike McKenzie’s address: 2600 Sadler Rd. Charlotte, NC 28278
- Directions to get to Mike McKenzie’s dock from the water (Mastercraft banners will be displayed on his property): On the Duke Power, Lake Wiley map, Upper (NC) section MYMC's place is 4 miles past South Point Access Area (on left) in the long cove on the right where the lake forks. On the map it is the long cove west of State Road 1150, off State Road 1155 and 1184.
- Buster Boyd Access Area and Copperhead Access Area are the 2 most practical launch ramps for travel by water to Mike’s pier. Mike says it's a 15-20 minute ride at average speed from these ramps to his place.
- Closest boat gas to Mike’s pier is at Harbor Town Marina, 10 minutes away on the SW side of the lake, on Left side of the lake traveling North and on the Right side going South.
We need to know who will be attending and the NUMBER OF PEOPLE in your party. Please post in the Team Talk discussion thread below with regard to how many people in your party will be attending. Post on the thread or send a message to “TMCNo1” or “Monte72” with that information…headcount is needed for the catering lunch Saturday, so please inform us ASAP!
Please check this thread in Team Talk for additional info: