Naval Architect - Propulsion Engineer
MasterCraft Boat Company, the world's leading sport luxury boat manufacturer, has an immediate opening for a Naval Architect/Propulsion Engineer. This position is responsible for generating hull designs and specifying and designing propulsion systems including engines and underwater mechanical systems for MasterCraft product.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Design, develop and release CAD for hull bottom designs- this includes full weight study and hydrostatics.
- Define requirements and component specifications for multiple mechanical systems, including, but not limited to, propellers, rudders, tracking fins, propeller shafts and shaft struts.
- Conceive new mechanical and mechanical system designs for customer convenience and efficient manufacturability, including supporting documentation and analysis such as DFMEA, DVP&R and manufacturing feasibility.
- Propeller testing and performance validation
- Address engine warranty issues and design improvements
- Perform final mechanical design verification tests
- Conduct product research on mechanical equipment and components
- Research and integrate new equipment designs as industry trends allow
- Insure component and system compliance with industry standards
- Interface with propulsion and project groups for system layouts
- Generate engineering drawings for new designs and approve prints for boat release
- Provide technical expertise and insure consistent documentation, methods and practices
- Generate Engineering Change Notices (ECN) as required
- Review and approve owner's manuals for accurate and complete mechanical descriptions and information
- Attend ABYC certification classes
- Insure timely and adequate completion of all applicable phases of project
- Facilitate training seminars for assembly personal informing them of new construction requirements and sound practices commensurate with MasterCraft standards
- BS degree in Naval Architecture or related field (Mechanical, Aerospace)
- Training in Computer Aided Design (CAD). Rhino, Inventor and/or SolidWorks preferred.
- Working knowledge of PC based software (Word, Excel, AutoCad, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in hull product design with knowledge of fiberglass production processes
- ABYC certification preferred
- Skilled in customer service, dealer technical assistance and technical writing
- Must interface well with other employee's departments throughout the organization, outside vendors as well as dealers and retail customers
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities
Interested candidates should submit their resume, along with salary history to:
Equal Opportunity Employer
TN Drug Free Workplace